Monday, June 28, 2010

New cause

I haven't written on here in a bit. I've been taking a break after the marathon and thinking about what I want to work towards next. While I haven't decided what my next cause will be, something did come up which I want to flow as much help towards as possible.

One of my very good friends, F, had a baby almost 3 months pre-maturely. This was almost a year ago now. The baby, A, has been doing great. She's grown beautifully (she's as big as my 15 month old) and has been a very happy baby.

Yesterday, A wouldn't wake up from her nap. She stopped breathing for a brief period of time. F did CPR on her and they went to the ER. The doctor's couldn't figure out what happened after all sorts of tests and wanted to keep her overnight.

This morning A had the same problems and they had a very hard time waking her up. Her breathing was very difficult. The doctor's are now thinking she may be having seizures.

If she is having seizures, F and her husband C will have a VERY long and hard road ahead of them. They are already not doing the greatest financially and this will take a large toll. They have two other children and F just lost her job. Even if she doesn't have seizures, the baby being in the hospital for a few days with all the testing that's been done is going to cost them a lot of money.

So my new cause is to raise some money to help them out. I'm going to start doing this now and I'm also going to put together a care package for them which I'll take to the hospital tomorrow. If anyone can help me out with this in any way, shape or form, please do so. This baby is so special.

No comments:

Post a Comment